JOB TITLE: Model Customizer
STATUS: Full-time hourly
DESCRIPTION: Apply decals to the airplane models, then touch-up, clean and inspect as needed.
EDUCATION: High school diploma preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Six months experience in model customizing or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES DESIRED:
• Must have good hand-eye coordination
• Specific vision abilities require close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
• Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under general supervision
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels (verbal, written and oral)
• Ability to function as an effective team member
• Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves, seeking innovative solutions
• Ability to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands or arms, talk and hear
• High attention to detail, following instructions and standard procedures
• Ability to work overtime when needed
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Maintain a clean work station
• Review details and scope of every order
• Act as a quality checkpoint for Graphics, Paint and Print Shop
• Apply decals to models using adhesive and various other provided tools
• Following specific instructions and information for utmost accuracy
• Touch-up models with paint using an airbrush gun and/or other tools
• Inspect models for any imperfections and rectify as needed
• Clean and hang models for final protective clear paint coat
• Apply final touches to models and hand off for assembly
• Communicate with Supervisor of production or schedule delays and quality issues
• Move parts as needed back and forth between departments for each given phase
• Coordinate with production to ensure quality and accuracy of end result
• Help out in other departments when required
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CUSTOMIZING” in the subject field of your e-mail.